We want YOU for our End of Year Concert!
As we so excitedly announced in our last Studio News post, we are holding our very first End of Year Concert, on Saturday, 9 November, at Belconnen Community Theatre - and we want you in it! This concert is a celebration of our community and all that we are - all levels, all experience and everyBODY is welcome to participate.
Please read the below information carefully to find out how you can get in on the concert action.
All performers must be available on the following dates:
Sunday, 3 November: All day (studio dress rehearsal)
Saturday, 9 November: All day (tech / dress rehearsal and performance).
Deadlines and Fees
All performers who wish to participate in our End of Year Concert must confirm their participation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Sunday, 8 September, and confirm which performance pieces you are partaking.
A performance fee of $39 is payable by all performers. This helps us cover all performance costs, including paying our well-deserving teachers for their time spent in additional rehearsals.
It is important that performers attend class throughout August to September. Most performance pieces will be taught in-class, as a part of our normal classes, with some commencing as early as the week of 29 July, followed by out of class rehearsals in the lead up to the concert. In-class learning will take place for four to five weeks.
Out of class rehearsals will be arranged at the discretion of the teacher in charge; whilst we endeavour to make out-of-class rehearsals as convenient as possible, we do ask for your flexibility and understanding in making time to attend out-of-class rehearsals.
A small number of performance pieces will be taught as short workshop intensives from approximately mid-September to mid-October. Participants interested in performing in these pieces will need to email email@example.com.
Below is the current rehearsal schedule for our End of Year Concert, including information on in-class rehearsals and intensive workshops, and their commencement dates.
- Commercial Jazz: in-class rehearsal, commencing Monday, 19 July
- Broadway Jazz: in-class rehearsal, commencing Saturday, 3 August (moving to normal Sunday class time thereafter)
- Ballet (Elementary): in-class rehearsal, commencing Tuesday, 6 August
- Ballet (Beginner): in-class rehearsal, commencing Saturday, 17 August
- Pre-Pointe: in-class rehearsal, commencing Wednesday, 21 August
- Pointe: in-class rehearsal, commencing Wednesday, 21 August
- Tap (Beg / Elem): in-class rehearsal, commencing Wednesday, 21 August
- Tap (Int / Adv): in-class rehearsal, commencing Wednesday, 21 August
- Lyrical (Beg / Elem - Cello Suite no. 1 in G): in-class rehearsal, commencing Thursday, 29 August
- Lyrical (Int / Adv - Places We Won't Walk): in-class rehearsal, commencing Thursday, 26 September.
- Repertoire (Spanish dance, Nutcracker): intensive workshop, date TBC, please email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial Jazz 2 / Opening (Don't Stop Me Now): intensive workshop, date TBC, please email interest to email@example.com.
Please note, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure attendance during rehearsals, regardless of whether they are in-class, out-of-class, or intensives workshop rehearsals. Where you are unable to attend rehearsal, it is your responsibility to catch up on what you have missed with your performance group (not the teacher). While working towards this concert, your performance group becomes your team! Every performer has paid for this performance opportunity - you owe it to yourselves to makes the most of it.
- Confirm your concert participation and which performance pieces by emailing Gen at firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Sunday, 8 September.
- Make sure you attend class for in-class rehearsals (and where you are unable to be in class, be sure to make up what you missed with your group)!
- Learn your performance pieces - you want to know them by heart, inside out and back to front by around mid-October, at the latest, but the earlier the better!
Happy dancing, everyone - we are looking forward to sharing the stage with you!